Monday, October 02, 2006

Cute Baby Praying Mantis!


I found this today on one of the insect forums that I belong to. I go by the nick Habibi18 on there. This is a picture of a Clinia humeralis praying mantis nymph. Isn't it cute? I love them. I love all insects and spiders, but this one is one of my favorites. I give this cutie 100% cuteness! :D www.bugnation.myfreeforum.org/ftopic5915 is the source to this photo and many others of this beautiful creature. I don't know too much about it except that:

1. It's one of the cutest praying mantis nymphs I've seen

2. I want to own them

3. I would like to find out more about them and where they live

4. Someday I would like to see one in it's natural habitat

And that's what I want. Now I'm going to do a Google search on them to find out where the live ( so I can go there some day to make #4 come true ). And to see what they do in their home besides looking pretty and feeding on prey like the one in this photo is doing. Any way you shall hear of my findings about this species of mantis very soon!

No comments: